1 x 550g Pork tenderloin
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon thyme leaves
5 Sage leaves, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1 Cup mushrooms, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon butter
11/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons cream
1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
12 Bacon rashers (or enough to cover pork)
1/2 Cup dry white wine
1 Teaspoon chicken stock granules
11/4 Teaspoon cornflour
1/2 Cup water
1-2 Tablespoon juices from pork
11/2 Tablespoons bisto chicken gravy granules
pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic, cook until onion softens, add butter and mushrooms cook stirring a few minutes until mushrooms soften and liquid has evaporated.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and herbs stir to combine, pour in the cream, remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, add breadcrumbs and egg stir to combine.
3. Slice pork down the centre length ways, making sure not go all the way through, open out and flatten using a meat mallet. Spoon stuffing mix evenly over one half, fold over the other half of pork to cover.
4. Take Bacon slices and wrap one around the pork to encircle, repeat with remaining slices so bacon covers pork. Place pork in a lightly oiled oven proof baking dish. Bake in pre-heated oven 180c for about 1hr or until pork is cooked through.
To Make the Sauce
1. In a pan heat wine, chicken stock and water, mix a little water with cornflour and pour into sauce stir until mixture thickens slightly, Add 1-2 tablespoons of the pork juices from roasting pan.
2. Add desired amount of pepper and finally stir in gravy granules, stirring until all granules have dissolved. Serve over pork.
To Serve: Slice pork into thick slices, arrange on plate and pour sauce over the top, Delicious.
3-4 Servings Depending on appetites.
All photo’s taken by me unless otherwise stated.